LoL ranked games use MMR, but what is it? You might have heard the term MMR LoL during games and in the League of Legends community. Basically, it’s an abbreviation, which means Match Making Rating.
MMR is the hidden rating of your account, which determines your opponents for the online matches. In today’s article, we’ll cover everything about LoL MMR. From LoL MMR check to how MMR works, you’ll learn it all via this piece.
What is MMR LoL?
League of Legends Match Making Rating (MMR) uses the ELO concept. ELO concept was designed for chess. This system was meant to determine the skill of the players according to their win & loss stats.
LoL or League of Legends has been using the ELO concept in its MMR system since the birth of the game. MMR League of legends helps to maintain the dignity of the online servers so that everyone can play a fair match.
MMR in League of Legends
MMR system of LoL put two teams together of equal average ELO rating. It means that if Team A consists of three platinum players, one diamond player, and one gold player. Team B will have 5 platinum players to stabilize the game MMR & skill level. MMR LoL system makes sure that every match is even and fair.
MMR LoL in Normal Games
There are no public tiers or divisions in the normal League of Legends games. But the MMR system is still working. This means that if you are a beginner, you will not match up with a player with legendary or master status.
LoL MMR Check
Although League of Legends has done a great job in hiding your ELO, some websites provide an estimated MMR. There are a lot of LoL MMR check websites you can use to check your MMR.
There are three ways to check your MMR in League of Legends:
- Use this online League of legends MMR check to calculate how many points you have gained or lost in each ranked game. Based on your gains and negatives, you can check whether your MMR is good or bad.
- You can also use various tools like OP.GG for League of legends MMR check.
- If you want to check your MMR level manually. Analyze the ranked division you have and at the average division of your opponents in the last 20 games.
Improving Your MMR in League Of Legends
Although it’s not an easy task to increase MMR LoL, little efforts can make a huge difference. Here’s how you can improve your MMR in League of Legends.
- Practice in normal games and start winning in league & tier matches. It will help you to secure more LP for wins & less LP for losses.
- Partner up with a higher rank player and win matches. The game will start to believe that you are worthy of ranking up.
So that’s our complete guide on MMR LoL. Check out How to Buy League of Legends Account.