If you are a Counter-Strike fan from the early 2000s you must have been a part of the debate involving whether Counter Strike 1.6 is better or CS:GO? Without taking any sides here, we have decided to weigh the pros and cons of each and then let you decide which one do you want to play.
So, without any further ado, let’s get down to business.
Counter Strike 1.6 Pros:
- The game is light-weight. It can be easily played on older PCs
- Easier for the community and enthusiasts to make their own maps
- In comparison to CS:GO – CS 1.6 is cheaper
- Almost an unlimited collection of maps
- Ability to add bots
CS 1.6 Cons:
- Game is practically dead with no more updates
- Hard to find any good servers
- Ammo handling is limited and annoying
CS:GO generally delivers in areas where counter strike 1.6 sucks.
- The game has a newer engine, which means regular updates
- Maps and other functionalities and much more flexible
- Improved graphics, sound, and shadows
- Skins for weapons
- Better ammo management
- Servers are not dead but usually full of trollers
- The ability of players to vote you out of the game (a nuisance for newcomers)
- Rubbish gun sounds
- Smokes take an eternity to smoke
- Poor grenade trajectory
Counter Strike 1.6 or CS:GO?
Based on the reviews above, we can safely say that both the games have their share of pros and cons. There is a separate fanbase for counter strike 1.6 and CS:GO. Depending upon your skills, machine, and nature, you may like one game and dislike the other. However, the truth is, you can only be a fan of one game. Never have we come across a player who actively plays both games. Reason? – UNKNOWN!
Counter Strike 1.6 Download
The best way to download CS 1.6 is to look for it on a Torrent website. And just like with any other thing you download as a Torrent, you may download a fake file. Remember that you can easily get this game for free, so, no need to pay for websites who are charging hundreds of dollars for a CS 1.6 installer. The installation file and the game itself is pretty light-weight and can be run on older PCs as well.
If you want to download CS:GO, check out our step by step guide here.
Counter Strike 1.6 is one of those games that is pretty old but still very popular amongst players from all over the world. If you have a slower, older machine, but still want to hit those lovely head-shots, then we recommend going for CS 1.6.
If you have any questions related to the installation of the game, feel free to message us in the comments section below.