The first Minecraft Caves and Cliffs update was released a few weeks ago, adding new features like amethyst geodes, copper ore, deepslate, the goat, glow squid, axolotl mob, and more. Apart from the additions, the update also featured many bug fixes regarding mobs, blocks, items, realms, UI, gameplay, and more. The fans are waiting for the next Caves and Cliffs update, and in the meantime, Mojang has released Minecraft beta version 184.108.40.206 that will introduce various features which players can see in the 1.18 update.
Minecraft beta 220.127.116.11 is available for Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android, and players can download the latest beta from the respective application stores to enjoy the newly added stuff. However, before opting for the beta version of the famous sandbox, players need to remember that this version is still under development and probably will have many glitches. Also, if players create any worlds in the beta build, they cannot open the same in previous versions, so they have to copy their created worlds first.
Below are all details about new features on Minecraft beta 18.104.22.168 that gamers want to know:
Features and Bug Fixes
A new game rule, ‘Respawn Blocks Explode,’ has been added, which players can use to prevent the explosion of Respawn Anchors and Beds.
Caves And Cliffs
The worlds have the same default world spawn position whether players enable the Caves & Cliffs experimental toggle or not while using the same seed.
- There is a change in Monster spawning in the Nether to a more closely matched Java Edition.
- The number of mobs around the player in the Nether has been changed from 30-40 to 15-20
- “Blocks” volume slider will now control the Block interaction “click” sounds.
- The toggle sounds for levers have been swapped, and they are now parity with Java Edition.
- Previously, the contents of a Shulker Box were deleted while dyeing from the recipe tab. The bug has been fixed through the latest beta build.
- A Bamboo can now be broken with one swing of a Sword.
- The biome tinting has been disabled for Spruce and Birch Leaves.
- Players can not create a new Powder Snow block by using a Powder Snow Bucket on a Cauldron filled with Powder Snow.
- The sound bug has been fixed as whenever players use a Water Bucket on a completely filled Cauldron; it will produce a correct sound.
- Players can now empty Lava Buckets into a Cauldron filled with Lava.
- Bees can now pollinate the Cave Vines.
- Light level 7 can now be emitted by Enchantment Tables.
- Pointed Dripstone’s falling position is not slightly offset now.
- Gamers can use a Dispenser to collect Powder Snow.
- The text editor can be opened correctly now by placing a Sign on Rooted Dirt.
- Redstone signals can be conducted now by Target Blocks.
- A bug has been fixed where message/tells commands to fail whenever gamers did not activate cheats.
- Players can now teleport a mob between dimensions without despawning them.
- From the third-person perspective, the offhand Shields clipping into players’ arms has been fixed.
- Whenever a pick is blocked, Minecart with Chest will copy over its chest contents.
- Players can easily unequip the Soul Speed Boots when their durability has been lost.
- There are no horns on Baby Goats from now onwards.
- Developers have enchanted the Diamond Pickaxes that were found in Hoglin Stable chests.
- Whenever the Bubble Columns are loaded with a Structure Block, they will be appropriately placed.
- “Player” audio setting will affect the:
- Amethyst walking sounds.
- Deepslate walking sounds
- Moss Block walking sounds
- Sounds of moving in/on Powder Snow
- Sounds of Jumping and landing on blocks
- “Block” audio slider will affect the Dripstone drip sounds are now affected by the
- When placed on Sand, there will be no Bone Meal sound produced by Turtle Eggs.
- A distinct tilt-up sound has been allocated to Big Dropleaf.
- A bug where the message “xbox_dpad_right” was shown for how to open chat has been fixed.
- For PlayStation 4, no one but the primary player can see the Sign In the dialog on the split-screen game.
- ‘behavior.knockback_roar’ has been allocated with a vertical and horizontal strength value in Minecraft 22.214.171.124 beta update.
- The new update has added a required toggle that Players can use to content error and component the documentation of an item.
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- spawnAtLocation(location : Location) : Entity – This method will spawn an entity at the specific Location
- walkToLocation(mob : Entity, location : Location, speedModifier : number) – This method will command an entity to move to the specific Location
- assertCanReachLocation(mob : Entity, location : BlockLocation, bool canReach) – The new method will allow the given mob to reach the target block location.
- World.events.beforeExplosion – it will enable fires before an explosion occurs
- World.events.explosion – it will enable fires when an explosion occurs
- World.events.explodeBlock – This event will enable fires when a block breaks due to an explosion
- World.event.beforeActivatePiston – It will allow fires before a piston’s activation.
- World.event.activatePiston – The new event will enable fires during a piston’s activation.
A new method addition ‘getDimension()’ : Dimension
BlockPistonComponent (Read-only properties):
- attachedBlocks – Returns an array containing the BlockLocation of each block attached to the piston
- isMoving – Returns true if the piston is expanding or retracting
- isExpanded – Returns true if the piston is fully expanded
- isExpanding – Returns true if the piston is expanding
- isRetracting – Returns true if the piston is retracting
- isRetracted – Returns true if the piston is fully retracted
Follow KoreanGameDesk to keep up with all the latest news and updates about the gaming and esports industry.